- Sweet and sour kraut
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). sauerkraut, drained
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced celery
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced green pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole kernal corn, drained
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) diced pimento
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vinegar
- Chop all vegetables and put into a medium size bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil.
- Cool to room temperature then pour over veggies and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- Will hold for a month refrigerated.
- I have given away this recipe a dozen times and always take it when asked to bring a bowl. I also set it on the table at each dinner meal, as it a great side dish instead of slaw.