- Classic Cooking with Coka-Cola Products gives this recipe loved from the 60's.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:1 whole pie
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) margarine
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) nuts, chopped fine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) Fresca
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) powdered milk
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- In a bowl, combine the flour, margarine, nuts, and brown sugar. Mix by hand until crumbly.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. Place an 8-inch cake pan on top and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the cake pan and let cool.
- Whip the cream and sugar until soft peaks form and set aside.
- Mix the pudding mix and powdered milk in a bowl, add the Fresca and beat well for 2 minutes.
- Immediately fold the whipped cream and strawberries into the pudding and pour into the shell.
- Chill until firm.
- I think it is very possible that past cooks have used Sprite for this recipe. However, the flavor of Fresca would add a delightful tartness to the sweetness of the other ingredients and show off the strawberries.
"Classic Cooking with Coca-Cola, A Collection of Delicious Recipes, including Secret Selections from the Founding Family of Coca-Cola" by Elizabeth Candler Graham, Great-great-granddaughter of Asa Griggs Candler, founder of Coca-Cola, and Ralph Roberts. ISBN 1-57102 500-6 Copyright 1994