- Layers of Jell-O with creamy layers; very pretty and festive, delicious too!
- Arizona Tart via the internet.
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 5 small packages of Jell-O, (I use blue, yellow, green, orange, and red)
- 5 cups (1175 ml) boiling water (one per color/flavor)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin softened in 1/2 cup (125 ml) of cold water
- 2 cups (475 ml) sour cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- Mix first flavored jello with 1 cup (225 ml) of water. Pour into a large clear pyrex dish which has been greased with a LITTLE margarine and chill in the refrigerator.
- Next, mix the sugar and milk in medium sauce pan and bring to a slow boil. Add the unflavored gelatin which has been softened in 1/2 cup (125 ml) of cold water.
- Let this cool a little, then add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Whip gently with a wire whip to mix well.
- When first layer of jello is well set, gently pour 1/4 of white mixture over it.
- Let each layer set up completely before adding next layer.
- Alternate and chill each of the Jell-O flavors (and colors) and the white creamy mixture.
- You will end up with 5 colored layers and 4 layers of white.
- This recipe was presented in June 1994, by Renee S. Ansley, email@example.com from the internet.