- a delicious appetizer
- 1 large can salmon
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). pkg. cream cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml) horseradish
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh parsley
- Mix salmon, softened cream cheese, lemon juice, onion, horseradish together well and form a log.
- Mix salt, liquid smoke, pecans and finely chopped parsley together well.
- Roll log in the above mixture to cover completely.
- Let it sit refrigerated for two hours to let flavors mix.
- Serve with a variety of crackers.
- I take the salmon and clean all the bones, skin etc. out of it before mixing with the other ingrediants.
I got this recipe from my aunt who was a terrific cook. Everyone loves this spread and asks for the recipe. I have also formed it into a large ball and that works just as well.