- Melon topped with a salad of grapes, broccoli, eggs and nuts. Crisp, fresh and perfect for spring and summer.
- Susan Doocy (recipe from the internet)
Serves/Makes:12 or more
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) yogurt, plain non-fat
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). celery seed
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). white pepper
- 24 eggs, large, peeled, hard-cooked, coarsely chopped
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). fresh broccoli flowerettes
- 28 oz (784 grm). seedless red grapes
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry roasted sunflower seeds
- In mixing bowl or blender, thoroughly blend yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt, celery seed and white pepper; cover and refrigerate.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, broccoli, grapes, onion and sunflower seeds.
- Blend in dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate salad until serving.
- This recipe came from: The Food Services of America Website. http://www.fsafood.com/fsacom/Cookbook/Recipes/A-Z+Listing/B/Bistro+Broccoli+Salad.htm