- Savory and delicious potato salad. A tried and true keeper.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 4 strips of bacon
- 4 potatoes, cooked in their skins
- 4 green onions
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) bacon drippings
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- Fry the bacon until crisp and then crumble it; set aside.
- Slice the green onions in 1/4 inch pieces; set aside.
- In saucepan, place the bacon drippings, vinegar, salt, mustard, pepper, and sugar. Heat to the boiling point, remove from the heat immediately.
- Skin the potatoes and slice into the top of a double boiler over hot water.
- Add the bacon and green onions.
- Pour on the dressing mixture to the potatoes, stir until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Keep covered tightly until ready to serve.
- This recipe can be refrigerated and is excellent reheated as well. Can be doubled or tripled.