- This is the recipe that my family requests most. It is great for texture and flavors.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 10 oz (280 grm). packages frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped pimento
- 1-1/3 oz (39.2 grm). envelope buttermilk style herb dressing mix
- 1 cup (225 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 2 cups (475 ml) cubed cheese, any flavor (cheddar is a good choice)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) herb flavored croutons
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peas, celery, green onion, pimento, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the envelope of the buttermilk style herb dressing mix, mayonnaise, and buttermilk and blend together until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, add and fold in to blend the cheese, eggs and croutons.