- Cati C.
Serves/Makes:8 dozen small biscuits
- 1 cup (225 ml) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cornmeal
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 2 tsp (10 ml). beef boullion
- 4 oz (112 grm). shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) to 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.), grease cookie sheets.
- In large bowl, mix oats, butter, and boiling water.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in cornmeal, sugar, bouillion, milk, cheese, and egg; mix well.
- Slowly add flour, one cup at a time; mix well to form a stiff dough.
- On floured surface, knead in remaining flour until smooth and no longer sticky.
- Roll or pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutter.
- Place 1-inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool and store covered.
- I did not come up with this recipe, but I made these for a friends dog who loved them. These make a great gift. It would be really cute if you could find a bone-shaped cookie cutter! :)