Sliced Beef Taco Casserole
- Easy to make beef taco casserole.
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 12 thinly sliced sandwich steaks
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) chili powder
- 1 11 oz (308 grm). can tomato soup
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can chili beans
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sliced olives
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onions
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). bag of corn chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Break 12 thinly sliced sandwich steaks into a skillet, cook and toss until browned without overcooking.
- Season with 1/4 tsp (1 ml). of salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp (2 ml). of chili powder.
- Add one 11 oz (308 grm). can of tomato soup and one 14 oz (392 grm). can of chili beans.
- Cook slowly for a few minutes to heat and blend the flavors.
- Spread a 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). package of corn chips in a baking dish, pour the steak mixture over the chips, top with 1/3 cup (80 ml) of sliced ripe olives, 1/2 cup (125 ml) of chopped onions and 1 cup (225 ml) of grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, and serve piping hot.
- I usually use Philly-Gourmet Sandwich Steaks for this because they are convienantly sliced and 100% pure beef.