- Fresh trout coated with crushed almonds and sauteed
- April Cremeans
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) almonds
- 2 trout, medium
- 1 large egg white
- 1 lemon, medium
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter, clarified
- lemon wedges, for garnish
- Pulse almonds in a food processor just until corsely ground.
- Wash and dry trout, removing head if still attached
- Whip egg white until frothy.
- Dip trout, flesh side down, into the egg white and then coat with the ground almonds.
- Heat clarified butter in a large skillet over medium high heat until butter becomes clear, but is not yet smoking.
- Add trout filets, almond side down and cook approx. 6 minutes.
- Turn over careully, using a wide spatula and cook skin side down approx. 3 more minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
- Guests may squeeze the lemons over the fish if desired.
- I am a personal chef and I serve this for clients. It is refreshing change of pace from the usual fish recipe.