Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) Carolina rice
- 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 2 dashes of nutmeg
- cinnamon for sprinkling on top
- Put milk,sugar and rice into a large pot.
- Let it come to a boil, stirring and watching, do not leave unattended for it will boil over.
- Lower heat to simmer, stir often.
- Add the nutmeg, and simmer at least one hour.
- Meantime, in a bowl beat eggs and vanilla.
- When rice is cooked to a thick consistency, fold egg mixture into rice mixture.
- TURN OFF HEAT.
- Pour into a large serving bowl or two, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve chilled.
- This is my Mom's recipe, everyone who has had it says it is the best they have ever had. I hope you enjoy it too!!!