- Cheesecake like frozen Key Lime Pie that will make you flip with the YUMMIE factor!
Serves/Makes:6 or more slices
- 1 8-inch prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lime juice, about 3-4 medium limes per 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lime peel
- Optional garnish: Mint sprigs, fresh lime slices, and/or fresh berries
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the sweetened condensed milk and the evaporated milk to the cream cheese, and continue to beat for a few minutes, it should be nice and smooth and creamy.
- Then, add the lime juice and lime peel, beating on medium speed for 1 minute, just to blend.
- Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- To serve this pie, let it stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes so you can slice it easily, but frozen enough to be well chilled and "icy cold".
- Garnish as you desire with the mint sprigs, lime slices or berries.
- I like to serve this in the summer when I make Mexican Food for dinner. It is very refreshing and everyone really loves it.