- Martha Purdy
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). garlic salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated cheese
- 4 hard cooked eggs
- 4 cups (950 ml) cold sliced (1/4 inch) cooked potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Make white sauce.
- Melt butter and blend in flour, gradually add hot milk. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add grated cheese and hard cooked eggs, potatoes and seasonings.
- Place in casserole (1 1/2 quart) and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Sprinkle paprika over all.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.