- Susan Wilcox
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) blue cheese crumbles
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Boil the potatoes.
- Allow to cool slightly and dice.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Whisk in the milk and cream.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Whisk in the cheese until blended.
- Pour over the potatoes.
- Top with the breadcrumbs and bake for 25 minutes.