- Made in crock pot
- Prickly Pear
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) raw converted rice
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- lemon zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream of half and half, chilled
- Place all the ingredients, except the cream, in the slow cooker and stir once.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve lukewarm with chilled cream or half & half.
- I like to increase the vanilla to 1-1/2 t. and you could, depending on your taste, substitute the lemon with 1/2 t. almond extract. Then serve the rice pudding topped with the cream and sprinkled with toasted almond slices for a change of pace.