- Great filling plus it's cooked - some of them aren't
Serves/Makes:2 10" pies
- 2 10" prepared pie crusts
- 5 egg yolks
- 17-1/2 oz (490 grm). sweetened condensed milk
- 5-2/3 oz (158.7 grm). lime juice
- Green food coloring, 2 drops, if desired
- whipped cream
- Whip egg yolks and food coloring till light.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk.
- Gradually add lime juice.
- Pour in crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) about 7 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Store in refrigerator.