Fixed-up Vegetarian Boston Baked Beans
- Vegetarian Baked Beans with Apples and Onions
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 1 large can vegetarian baked beans (B & M is best)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 large Granny Smith Apple, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Grandma's Molasses
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dry mustard
- 1 squirt of catsup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) or 2 tbsp (30 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) imitation bacon bits
- Mix everything together in a medium sized pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve and enjoy.