Serves/Makes:3 1/2 c. approx.
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) diced red onions
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). finely diced garlic, 2 large cloves minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) white grape juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Jack Daniels Black Label Bourbon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). Tabasco sauce (I use about 3 shakes)
- Place sauce ingredients one at a time in sauce pan in order listed, mixing and stirring after each ingredient.
- Place on medium heat and stir until mixture reaches boiling stage.
- Turn temperature down to low until mixture is on a slow simmer.
- Cook sauce about 25 minutes, then add cornstarch a little at a time, stirring with a whisk, until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Use on chicken cutlets, cook in a 400 degree (200 C.) to 450 degree (225 C.) oven turning and basting with sauce for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour remaining sauce over cutlets when serving.
- Can be used for spareribs, steaks, and pork also. I ABSOULUTELY LOVE IT!!!
Can be used as a dipping sauce for chicken fingers also. The oringianl recipe did not include corn starch, but the sauce was too thin so I created something different and thicken it up a little so that it sticks to the food better, this way you can use it as a barbecue sauce also. HOPE YOU ENJOY!!