Instant No-bake Cheesecake
- Sinfully delicious, easy as, well, pie
- Lyman Gifford
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 6 oz (168 grm). pre-made graham cracker crust (or your own)
- 14 oz (392 grm). can Eagle Brand (or other) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). pkg cream cheese.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 21 oz (588 grm). can favourite fruit pie filling , (or homemade)
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt (optional, if cheese is bland)
- Beat room temp cream cheese till completely smooth.
- Add Eagle Brand a little at a time.
- With crust nearby, add juice, mix thoroughly but quickly.
- Pour into crust and refrigerate until set (1/2 hr or less).
- Top with cherry pie filling, or other filling of choice.
- Best chilled for several hours.
- Serve in small wedges, or eat the whole thing yourself!
- This is an old Eagle Brand recipe. It gets rave reviews, is very rich and a small piece is usually enough. (ya ya, sure sure..) It is absolutely delicious.
A couple of important notes:
1. Add the sweetened condensed milk VERY slowly to avoid lumps.
2. The lemon juice SETS the mixture, and works FAST. Pour into shell before it sets completely.
3. When filling is quite solid, top with the pie filling.
4. CHILL thoroughly
5. Optional: You may LIGHTLY brush the cracker crust with BEATEN egg white and then bake for about 10 minutes in med-hot oven. This will keep the crust crisp longer)
=====Bon Appetit! (use some control, eh?)=======