- Italian Stuffed Beef
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). to 2 lbs (.9 kg) beef top round steak 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). grated Romano cheese
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white raisins, plumped in wine/water (optional)
- black pepper and salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). olive oil for frying
- 1 quart (950 ml) marinara or spaghetti sauce (homemade or store bought)
- Pound steak thin.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Spread over pounded steak.
- Roll up jelly-roll style.
- Secure with string or toothpicks.
- Heat about 1 tbsp (15 ml) to 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil in skillet and brown the braciole.
- Drain off any remaining oil and add the marinara sauce.
- Simmer, covered 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove string or toothpicks before serving