- A beef risotto with peppers and vegetables.
- Leanne Sowter
- 6 oz (168 grm). long grain rice
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1 oz (28 grm). lard
- 1 stick celery
- 1 onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- Boil the rice.
- While waiting wash, dry and cut all the vegetables.
- Melt the lard in a wok and fry the onion.
- Add all the vegetables and salt to the wok.
- Boil some water and crumble in the stock cube.
- Cook beef in a little oil or lard.
- When the vegetables and rice are done pour into a bowl.
- Mix in the stock and meat and stir.
- Put in a plate or bowl and re-heat if needed.
- Spices can be added to give the risotto more flavour.