- Tender pork ribs
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). pork back ribs
- 4 tsp (20 ml). mesquite or cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 4 cups (950 ml) ketchup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). white sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). Worchestershire sauce
- Trim any visible fat from ribs. If necessary, remove membrane from under side.
- Cut into 2 rib portions place in large shallow glass dish.
- In small bowl, stir together mesquite seasoning and 1/2 tsp (2 ml) each salt, and pepper.
- Rub spice mixture all over ribs (make ahead cover and refridgerate for up to 24 hours).
- Place dish with ribs under broiler; broil until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- In bowl, whisk together ketchup, wine vinegar, sugar, and Worchestershire sauce; add to clow cooker, stirring to coat ribs.
- Cover and cook on low until tender 8 to 10 hours.
- Easy to make. Good to eat.