Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vermicelli pasta, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raw long grain rice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, margerine or olive oil
- 1 10.5 oz (294 grm). can chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- In saucepan, brown the pasta and rice in butter, margerine or oil, stirring often, until golden brown.
- Add broth and water; stir.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 20 to 25 minutes until all liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- You may substitute different flavors of broth.