- A different kind of appetizer
- 4 cups (950 ml) frozen chopped onion, thawed
- 3 8 oz (224 grm). packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (475 ml) grated parmesan cheese*
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- Press onion between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Combine onions and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2 quarts (1900 ml) souffle dish (or glass bowl).
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with assorted crackers or corn chips.
- Rich, delicious, and the onion flavor is not overpowering.
*Substitute 1 c. shredded parmesan cheese (for 1 c. grated)for a "cheesier" texture.