- Pita bread - Hamburger-onions-celery- lettuce - tomatoe-mayo & mustard
- Nancy Akin
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lean hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped (walla walla sweets are the best)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- mayonnaise, to taste
- mustard, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional: grated cheese
- 4 or more pita breads
- Brown hamburger well; drain off grease.
- Put hamburger in bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Split or cut in half pita bread.
- Fill pita with hamburger mixture.
- Made this for my 3 kids and for bunco parties I had and they were enjoyed by all.