- chocolate praline bar desert
- Sam Ribaudo
Serves/Makes:15 or more
- 1/4 box(tube) saltine crackers, unsalted ok
- 1-1/2 stick butter, unsalted ok
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar, light ok
- 1 package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.), use center rack.
- Spread saltines over 9"x13" (air gap) jelly roll pan.
- Melt 1 stick of butter using large bowl in microwave covered for 1 minute.
- Stir 1 cup (225 ml) of brown sugar with melted butter.
- Spread sugar butter mixture over saltines.
- Place pan in preheated oven for 4 minutes till bubbling--no more than 5 minutes.
- After time is up spread package of chocolate chips on top with spatula until chocolate melts completely on top. This takes several minutes to melt.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow to cool 2 hours in fridge.
- Break up in pieces and serve.
- Fast, easy to make and it will be the first dessert to disappear at any function. They beg me to keep bringing it to all my relatives and pot luck functions and they want the recipe.