Delicous Beef and Bean Casserole
- Gina Alexander
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) prepared mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 can pork and beans
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can tomato sauce
- Cook meat and onion in skillet until meat is brown and onions are tender.
- Drain meat and onion mixture well; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl add brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper; mix well.
- Add pork and beans and kidney beans; mix well.
- Add meat and onion mixture and tomato sauce; mix well.
- Pour into casserole dish sprayed with no stick spray.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour or until bubbly!