Macaroni and Cheese (from back of Mueller's box)
- Taken right from Mueller's
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard (optional)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Margarine or butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) (8 oz (224 grm).) shredded American or Cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 oz (224 grm). Mueller's Elbows (about 2 cups), cooked 5 minutes and drained
- In medium saucepan combine corn starch, salt, dry mustard and pepper; stir in milk.
- Add margarine.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) cheese until melted.
- Add elbows.
- Pour into greased 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake uncovered in 375 degree (200 C.) oven 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Some people who have used this recipe feel that it originally called for flour instead of cornstarch which they prefer to use.