- 1 package feta cheese (softened)
- 1 package of baby bella mushrooms (mini portabellas), destemmed and gutted out
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 slice bacon, precooked
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). greek salad dressing
- In a food processor, puree the feta cheese and salad dressing.
- Add bacon and process some more.
- Add tomatoes last, after the cheese mixture has become pasty.
- With a spoon, fill each mushroom and place in a pie dish or casserole dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a 400 degree (200 C.) oven or until the cheese is golden brown.
- There is a local greek restaurant here and I never liked mushrooms until I sampled one of theirs! I went home and spent a couple of hours trying to master what they do and this is the closest I got to their stuffed mushrooms and now, I'm a stuffed mushroom junkie!