Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 brie cheese round
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets
- jam (berry and apricot both work well, or try a spiced jam)
- chopped walnuts
- egg wash (1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp (15 ml) or so of water
- crackers (i.e. water crackers or Pepperidge Farm assorted--wheat thins are kind of small for this)
- Thaw one sheet of pastry.
- Remove brie from packaging (leave white rind on).
- Cover top with jam.
- Cover jam with chopped nuts.
- Wrap brie in pastry dough sealing on the underside.
- Brush on egg wash.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven until pastry is golden brown (this should allow plenty of time for cheese inside to melt--don't be surprised it some oozes out, it's o.k.).
- Place on serving dish with knife and crackers of your choice.
- A seat of the pants recipe passed on from a neighbor and has worked fine every time I've made it!