- Ice Cream Pie with Oreos
- T. Wihlen
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can condensed milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). water
- 4 tsp (20 ml). vanilla extract
- 1 cup (225 ml) coarsley crushed Oreo cookies
- 2 cups (475 ml) heavy cream
- 4 cups (950 ml) finely crushed Oreo cookies, approx. (enough for 2 pie crusts)
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 2 pie tins or aluminum pie plates with lids
- Crush Oreo cookies to make pie crust. (A food processor works great to crush Oreos.)
- Melt butter.
- Mix crushed Oreo cookies and butter.
- Press cookie and butter mixture into pie tins.
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks.
- Stir in condensed milk, water, and vanilla.
- Whip the cream until it peaks.
- Fold the coarsley crushed cookies and whipped cream into egg mixture.
- Pour into pie tins.
- Add extra crushed cookies to top of pies if you desire.
- Cover pies with lids or use plastic wrap.
- Freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- Slice, serve and return to freezer.
- You can substitute the Oreo cookies in the pies for other things that you enjoy and you can make graham cracker crusts instead of Oreo cookie crusts.
This recipe was given to me by a girl I use to work with. My children love it along with everyone else I have made it for.