Bietoli e Spinaci Pomodori
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 6 cups (1425 ml) spinach leaves
- 6 cups (1425 ml) Swiss chard, sliced in bite-sized pieces
- 3 medium sized ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves (or more) garlic, minced
- a splash of wine
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat just enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet or pot.
- Saute garlic and tomatoes for a few minutes.
- Add spinach and chard.
- Add enough wine to steam greens.
- Steam until wilted but not mushy, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- A colorful, tastey side dish of Italian origin.