- Natalie L.
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 can pork and beans
- 1 #2 can tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- Brown meat lightly in hot skillet without added fat stirring frequently.
- Add pork and beans, tomatoes, and salt.
- Pour half of the mixture into greased baking dish.
- Cover with sliced onions and the rest of the mixture.
- Top with strips of bacon and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- This is very good recipe. It was given to me by my mother who was an excelent cook.