- Awesome salad recipe from my friend Cary
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 bags fresh spinach
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bacon, fried and crumbled(I use closer to 2)
- 6 boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 small bag croutons (optional)
- 1 red onion
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml). celery seed
- Mix chopped eggs, bacon, 2 sliced onions,and croutons with
- spinach; set aside.
- Combine all dressing ingredients together and mix well.
- Add dressing to salad just before serving--use just enough to suit your taste.
- The dressing tastes best if you can make it hours ahead of time and chill. I love this salad and hope you do too.