Kandi Wommack's Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- Sissy Wommack
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) powdered cocoa
- 3 cups (700 ml) old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) peanut butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla flavoring
- Put the sugar, milk, cocoa and butter in a large heavy cooking pot.
- Mix together and turn heat on medium high to high.
- After the butter and other above ingredients are melted together do not stir anymore.
- When the mixture startes boiling, start timing and boil for 1 minute.
- Take off the stove and mix in the vanilla.
- Add the oats and peanut butter stirring rapidly (it sets up quick).
- On wax paper or aluminum foil drop the mixture by heaping spoonfuls.
- Cool and eat.
- (Note: Do not overcook although if it's damp outside, you may add 10 seconds on the timing, but be careful, it is sort of "a feel". Also Kandi likes to use chunky peanut butter, but just use whatever you like. Also, do not use quick cooking oats, they do not work as well. Make sure you use the old-fashioned, long-cooking oats. As we call them, The Original Oatmeal, before the quicker-cooking oats came out.)
- Kandi, who is my daughter, and youngest of Jerry and my two children, has made these ever since she could cook them. She is 31 years of age now, and she still cooks them.When ever there is a get together, and if she is there, you know what she brought. Ha. (Hey, maybe that is all she can cook. Kandi is a doctor of chiropractic and is still single so not only does she not have time to cook, she doesn't have to. Ha!