- Waffle Cookie
- My Sister Mary Fazio
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- 4 tsp (20 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) anise
- powdered sugar, optional
- ice cream, optional
- Mix melted butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and anise in a large bowl .
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix at high speed until smooth .
- Pre heat pizzelle maker.
- Place about 1 tsp (5 ml). of mix in the center of the grill and close.
- Let bake for about 45 seconds or until it stops steaming.
- Remove with a fork and lay them flat on paper towels to cool.
- Serve with powdered sugar, or make ice cream sandwiches .