- Fruit and nuts in an awesome cake all at once!
- Rhiannon Schilling
Serves/Makes: 4 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fruit juices
- 1 small can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- brown sugar, optional
- chopped nuts
- whipped cream, optional
- Grease and flour an 8 inch pan.
- Mix all ingredients (except brown sugar, chopped nuts and whipping cream) together.
- Pour mixture in the prepared pan (if desired sprinkle brown sugar on top).
- Put chopped nuts over the top.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Great for Christmas desert or just any day of the year. I give it 4 1/2 stars out of 5. Enjoy!