BBQ Salmon with Mango Salsa
- BBQ Broiled Salmon, topped with a homemade Mango Salsa
- Jennifer Nolan
- 4 small salmon fillets or 2 large
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). ground ginger
- 1 red pepper, cut in thin slices
- 1 mango, cut in very small cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion, chopped
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) red wine vinagar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). crushed garlic for each fillet - if large, use double
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- Heat BBQ on low/medium.
- Place each salmon on its own foil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on fish.
- With your fingers, put garlic all over each fish.
- Wrap the salmon with the foil, leaving a small opening on top
- Put on grill and set timer for 15 minutes.
- Cut onion and pepper.
- In a frying pan, add 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil and heat on high.
- Add the onion and pepper, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the vinagar and mango; stir.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and add the ginger, let simmer until your salmon is done.
- Using a spatula, move the salmon from the foil (the skin will come off) and put on plate.
- Spoon mango salsa over fish and serve.
- To make sure the skin comes off the salmon, place the spatula right above the skin and slowly remove the fish.