- Old fashioned dessert
Serves/Makes:15 or more
- 5 15 oz (420 grm). cans mixed fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can pears, drained
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans peaches, drained
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can pineapple chunks or tidbits, drained
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries with juice, drained
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 bag coconut
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). container sour cream
- 2 red apples, cut into bite-size pieces (with peel left on)
- 1 cup (225 ml) walnuts (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except cherries in a casserole dish.
- Chill 4 to 6 hours.
- Spread cherrys over top just before serving.
- Best to use fruits in syrup not juice.
For Easter use pastel marshmallows.
For Christmas use green and red marshmallows.