- Martha Purdy
Serves/Makes: 3 pounds approx.
- 1 cup (225 ml) (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 8 oz (224 grm). pasteurized process cheese, Velveeta, cubed
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). confectioners sugar, about 5 cups (1175 ml) unsifted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) non-fat dry milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (475 ml) coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large saucepan over medium heat melt butter and cheese cubes together, stirring frequently; remove from heat.
- Sift together confectioners sugar and cocoa; add to cheese, mixing well.
- Stir in non-fat dry milk, vanilla and nuts.
- Turn into a 9x9x2-inch pan; chill until firm and cut into squares.