- Basic Pancakes with variations
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) to 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drop by spoonfuls on hot oiled griddle (or waffle iron).
- Cook on medium or medium-low heat (check to see if underside of pancake is getting too brown and turn down heat).
- If making pancakes, turn over when bubbles appear and edge of pancake is golden brown when lifted.
- Serve with syrup of choice.
- Variation #1 Buckwheat Pancakes: Substitute 1 c. buckwheat flour and 1 c. white flour for 2 c. white flour.
Variation #2 Cornmeal Pancakes: Substitute 1 1/2 c. cornmeal and 1/2 cup flour for 2 c. flour.