- Barefoot Contessa Parties! cookbook
- 4 cups (950 ml) heavy cream
- 3 oz (84 grm). to 4 oz (112 grm). crumbly Gorgonzola (not creamy or "dolce")or other flavorful crumbly cheese such as Maytag Blue or Roquefort
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) minced fresh parsley
- Bring heavy cream to a full boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, then continue to boil rapitly for 45 to 50 minutes, until it's thickened, like a white sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the Gorgonzola, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Whisk rapidly until the cheeses melt, and the serve.
- If you must reheat, warm the sauce over low heat until melted, then whick vigorously until the sauce comes together.
- According to author Ina Garten boiling the cream really does work (doesn't curdle it) and it is the easiest sauce she's ever made. It can be flavored with mustard and horseradish instead of Gorgonzola.
Serve over filet of beef (filet mignon), other cuts of beef, or even pasta.