- Amanda Burrows
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 box jiffy cornbread mix, baked and crumbled
- 2 diced bell peppers
- 2 diced onions
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup (225 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pickle juice (I always add extra pickle juice)
- Mix mayonnaise and pickle juice for dressing.
- Layer in a casserole dish 1/2 cornbread, 1/2 bell peppers, 1/2 onions, 1/2 tomatoes, 1/2 bacon and then 1/2 dressing.
- Repeat the above steps.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- I got this recipe from my Granny.