- Quick Fried Rice which makes a great side disk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). flank steak, cut very small
- 2 cups (475 ml) instant rice
- green onions, sliced
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) soy sauce
- 3 oz (84 grm). vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- Cook rice according to instructions(I find that Instant rice works best).
- Chop garlic.
- Heat oil and put in garlic and cooked rice.
- Flatten out over 8 inch fry pan.
- Turn over a few times.
- Let cook 5 minutes, then add steak.
- As steak cooks the juice will help turn rice brown.
- Be sure that all the rice gets some juice, then cook for 5 minutes.
- Open hole in rice so you can see pan, and add a very small amount of oil, then add beaten eggs and cut green onions.
- Keep mixing rice until eggs are cooked and spred out.
- Add soy sauce, on top it sounds like a lot, but you will find that it still may need more.
- Then let cook for five more minutes.
- Serve hot.