- 1 lb (.5 kg). cooked octupus (boiled)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp (20 ml). chopped coriander
- 2 oz (56 grm). black olives
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Cut the octopus in pieces.
- Combine all ingredients together and mix.
- Leave to marinate for 2 to 3 hours in the fridge.
- Serve with a selection of mixed salad leaves.
- The 8 tentacles and the body attached to them are edible. Discard the eyes, mouth area and viscera. The ink sac contains a black liquid that can be used to color and flavor foods such as pasta, soups and stews. The younger (up to 3 lbs.) octopus are more tender but larger octopus should be simmered or boiled for several hours.