- Joyce Bartol
- 4 cups (950 ml) red grapes, separated and washed, leave whole
- 4 cups (950 ml) broccoli florets, bite size
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery diced fine
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced, leaving 3/4 greens on
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup (225 ml) sunflower seeds
- 2 cups (475 ml) craisins (dried cranberries)
- 2 cups (475 ml) pomegranite seeds (optional when in season)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) rice wine vinegar
- Whisk dressing well.
- Pour over all.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Toss frequently.
- A local tea room here in Tucson, AZ served a modified version of this recipe. As three of my friends and I sat there trying to dissect the ingredients, the waitress approached us and ask us if we wanted the recipe, as they were discontinuing serving it. DUH! So we had it! Except, that I took the recipe home and altered it severely to suit my taste buds. It is now one of my family's favorites and I make it often. It keeps refrigerated for many days, and I have even caught my daughter eating it for breakfast.