- Sandi L.
- 10 eggs
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) cottage cheese
- 2 4 oz (112 grm). (or 1 7 oz (196 grm).) cans chopped ortega chilis
- Beat eggs and add ortega chilis and cottage cheese.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Stir dry ingredients into grated cheese.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Pour into a greased (or sprayed with vegetable spray)9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour or until a knife blade comes out clean in the center.
- To halve recipe bake in a 9 x 9 casserole dish.
I sometimes use a 7 oz and a 4 oz. can of ortegas--it depends on who I'm cooking for. Don't get ortegas confused with canned jalapenos though!