- World's Best Banana Bread
- Joyce Bartol
- 9 overripe bananas
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 3 sticks margarine, softened
- 6 eggs
- 6 cups (1425 ml) flour
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking soda
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) baking powder
- 3 cups (700 ml) pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Cream margarine and sugar well.
- Add eggs.
- Add bananas and mix well.
- Come dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix well.
- Add nuts by hand.
- Pour into 3 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
- Reduce to 300 degrees (150 C.) and bake an additional 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Freezes well.
- In my many years in the kitchen, this is by far the best banana bread recipe I have tried, and I have tried many. I always freeze 2 loaves, because they freeze so well. Then in a minutes notice I have something to rely on out of the freezer. Margarine must be one that contains at least 65% vegetable oil.