- Liz Cosper
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) mashed banana
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl put wet ingredients.
- Add to flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a GREASED loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour or until done.
- Recipe does not double well.
- I have never had a failure. Everyone loves it! My most requested recipe.
The bananas should be VERY ripe! You can make 2 small loaves instead of one large and shorten the baking time.