Chicken and Mushroom Rice Dish
- One Dish Meal
- Jessica Gilbreath
Serves/Makes: 6 or more
- 1 box frozen broccoli
- 1 large can sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups (700 ml) brown rice
- 1 can cheddar flavored french fried onions
- 1 can cream of chicken w/herbs soup
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bite-sized chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) garlic powder
- 2 oz (56 grm). sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Prepare rice acording to directions, drain and set aside.
- Place mushrooms(with liquid) in sauce pan with broccoli and garlic powder, simmer until broccoli is tender. The liquid should be almost gone. Do not drain.
- Mix all ingredients together (except cheddar).
- Place the mixture in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20-30 minutes.
- Don't add any salt before tasting it because of the salt content in the onions and soup.
I like this one because you have a well balenced meal, by just adding some fruit for a dessert.
Also,if you cook the rice then start the broccoli, you can get this all together in 20 minutes. So, you can have dinner ready in 40 minutes!!!